St. John’s has several rooms available for community meetings, recitals, and other events. Our facility includes:
- a large parish hall, which can be divided into two spaces (a smaller carpeted vestibule area, and a larger wood-floored reception hall);
- a commercial-grade kitchen;
- two pianos that can be used for recitals/music events — one in the nave and one in the parish hall;
- an education wing, with a large central space surrounded by smaller classrooms;
- a Reception Room furnished with comfortable chairs, rugs, a gas fireplace and a kitchenette with microwave, sink, and refrigerator; and
- several other meeting rooms.
We ask that outside groups give a donation to help cover the costs of utilities and maintenance. Our Facility Use Agreement includes donation amounts, which are dependent on group size and the room(s) used. Enlisting the help of our sexton to provide set-up, clean-up, or other assistance incurs an additional fee. In most cases, outside groups must provide proof of up to $100,000 of liability insurance to use space at St. John’s.
To inquire about availability of space for your event, contact Dwight Latif (sexton/property manager) at firstname.lastname@example.org or in the parish office at 860-523-5201 to discuss fees, rental terms, insurance requirements and logistics. Outside music events must also be coordinated with/approved by the director of music.